How to add a chat box overlay to your Twitch stream in OBS Studio. In this tutorial, I show you how to add chat to your stream using OBS Studio and Streamlabs. Adding Twitch Chat with Streamlabs is very easy and allows your viewers to see the chat while watching your Twitch stream. Streamlabs is a free, popular website used by most of the top Twitch channels.
How To Start A Twitch Stream Tutorial: https://youtu.be/ZPhL_eAR1Qs
Other Twitch Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8griS8Ww-KnZFCF5hM79HAqwG8W2Z4se
Get Twitch Prime for FREE (Paid Link): http://amzn.to/2tOlPdH
Download Twitch here (Paid Link): http://amzn.to/2tNMbwm
Get OBS Studio here: https://obsproject.com/
Follow the steps below to add chat overlay to your stream with OBS Studio:
1. Go to https://streamlabs.com/ and create an account. For simplicity, I recommend signing in with your Twitch account
2. Once logged into Streamlabs select Widgets in the left sidebar.
3. Once on the Streamlabs widgets page, select Chat Box
4. Once on the Chat Box page configure your chat box overlay Theme, Badges, Extreme Emotes, Text Color, Chat Font Size, Hide Messages, Hide Chatters, Muted Chatters, and Custom Bad Word Characters.
5. Once you have completed configuration and saved your settings, scroll up and copy the Chat Box widget URL.
6. Now open OBS and click the + symbol to add a new source
7. In the list of source choices select Browser
8. Name the Browser source and select OK
9. Once in the properties for your Browser enter the Widget URL from Streamlabs into the URL field. Edit the other fields as needed. Select OK to save.
10. Now test the new Chat Box. Go to Twitch channel and enter something in the chat. This new chat should show up on your Twitch stream in OBS.
11. If the test is successful, you have now setup Chat Overlay on Twitch using Streamlabs via OBS.
12. If the test was unsuccessful, leave a comment below and I will try to help.
13. Consider subscribing to Gauging Gadgets 🙂
#Twitch #TwitchTutorial #Streamlabs
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this description are Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Gauging Gadgets earns from qualifying purchases through affiliate links.
😀 HAPPY WITH THE VIDEO? 😀
SUBSCRIBE NOW! CLICK HERE – https://youtube.com/c/gauginggadgets?sub_confirmation=1
SEND ME A TIP! – https://www.paypal.me/GaugingGadgets
FACEBOOK – http://fb.me/GaugingGadgets
TWITTER – http://twitter.com/GaugingGadgets
TWITCH – https://www.twitch.tv/GaugingGadgets
REDDIT – https://www.reddit.com/r/GaugingGadgets/
INSTAGRAM – https://instagram.com/GaugingGadgets/
Find Amazon Promo Codes Here: http://deals.gauginggadgets.com/
Awesome Gadgets Under $25: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8griS8Ww-KnI_EShjyg2IdldHoUa1cnd
Awesome Gadgets Under $50: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8griS8Ww-Klv0RXF24RZePX03y1LDIan
HOW DO I DO IT? (Paid Links)
TubeBuddy YouTube Toolkit: https://www.tubebuddy.com/gauginggadgets
My YouTube Setup:
Sony DSC-HX80 Camera – https://geni.us/SonyHX80
Neewer Mini Table Tripod – https://geni.us/MiniTableTripod
Geekoto Lighting Kit – https://amzn.to/2D6lKoC
Blue Yeti USB Microphone – https://geni.us/USBMic
Logitech C270 Webcam – https://geni.us/LogitechC270Cam
Cell Phone – Pixel 2 XL – https://geni.us/FilmingPhone
Learn how to make a website: