Don’t forget to rate the video, subscribe and leave a comment if you need help!
Having your Twitch chat overlaying your game is probably just as essential as a face-cam these days. It allows non-chatty viewers to go full screen while still allowing them to keep and eye on the chat feed. It also benefits anyone watching post-stream either on Twitch or YouTube. They’ll now be able to see what you’re responding to!
1. You need Google Chrome & OBS
2. You should download BetterTTV here: http://goo.gl/xB40jr
3. Adjust the settings as seen in the video
4. Do not minimize or cover the Chrome Twitch Chat window, and make sure it’s the only Chrome tab open to avoid conflicts
5. For playing games in full screen mode, you’ll need a second monitor for it to update itself. As a streamer, a second screen should be your goal anyway, so I recommend buying a cheap one from Amazon or eBay.
6. If you’re playing full screen, and don’t have a second monitor, then I suggest downloading this, although I don’t think it looks as nice: http://www.nightdev.com/obschat/
That’s it! It should now work!
PS: I know of no program that can actually add the chat over the game while playing, and quite frankly I think that would be too distracting to the gamer. Streamers use a second screen for a reason.